Human Resources Development
Human Resource Development is responsible for overseeing the training and development for the agency. This includes disseminating information from internal and external resources regarding educational and professional development opportunities for agency staff based on funding availability and compliance with federal, state and agency policies.
The following is an outline of the specific functions provided:
- Applies for and reports on the agency In-Service Training Grant to the Rehabilitation Services Administration;
- Monitors the budget for training conducted through the In-Service Training Grant;
- Coordinates compliance with the Comprehensive System of Personnel Development requirements of the Rehabilitation Services Administration and facilitates the Comprehensive System of Personnel Development Team;
- In conjunction with agency leadership, develops policies regarding training and tuition assistance;
- Acts as the liaison with Colleges and Universities in relation to tuition assistance for agency employees;
- Provides guidance and direction on obtaining and maintaining certification required for agency personnel;
- Facilitates the Curriculum Design Team that provides input regarding training needs throughout the agency;
- Assists with dissemination of information and training opportunities provided through the Technical Assistant and Continuing Education Centers;
- Oversees the development and implementation of online training opportunities for all employees;
- Develops and maintains the Human Resources Development Training website which is now available in the 'see also' box to the right of this page.