The Kentucky Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation
The Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation is a consumer-controlled Council that advises the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation. The Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998, Public Law 105-220, mandate the establishment of a State Rehabilitation Council for every state vocational rehabilitation agency.The Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation reviews, analyzes, and advises the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation on:
- eligibility, including order of selection,
- extent, scope and effectiveness of services provided by the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation,
- activities that affect or potentially affect the ability of individuals with disabilities to achieve rehabilitation goals.
Additionally, the Council is charged with conducting a review and analysis of program effectiveness and consumer satisfaction with the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation as well as other public and private entities that serve individuals with disabilities and use funds made available under the Rehabilitation Act. The Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation has a partnership role with the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
The Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation meets on a quarterly basis. The public is invited to attend all meetings. Reasonable accommodations and auxiliary aids are provided with a one week notice.
Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation State Statute [PDF 42KB]
||2013 Employer Recognition Award Winners
Congratulations to the 2013 Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabiltiation Employer Recognition Award winners!
- Club Chef, Covington, KY
- HM Solutions, Florence and Ft. Wright, KY
- Land O' Frost, Madisonville, KY
- Lowe's Home Improvement, Owensboro, KY
- Midtown Kroger, Ashland, KY